Importing the Demo
Follow the steps bellow to install a demo in one click.
- make sure you have installed and activated Brand theme.
- Install and activate Brand Demo Import
- Go to Brand Theme > Import Demo Data.
- Make sure that all the plugins required by the demo are installed and activated.
- Click on Import Demo Data.
Troubleshooting the Demo Content Import
Sometimes can happen that you can’t import the demo data.
Most of the time, this is a simple WordPress or setup limitation and there are a couple things that you can do to troubleshoot this process.
Here are some variables to consider:
- Server limitations (ie. php memory, file upload size, etc.)
- WordPress limitations (ie. php memory, file upload size, etc.)
- Access/setup of .htaccess, php.ini, and/or wp-config.php (ie. do what do you have access to and what are the current settings in regards to file size, uploads, and memory.
WordPress / Server limitations
Different servers/hosting services place standard limitations on WordPress setups/users. These are normal and easily increased by either contacting your hosting service, or by doing it manually.
The manual option is pretty easy, but can be intimidating if you’re not familiar with the workflow.
- wp-config.php – The most likely fix is to add this to your wp-config.php file:
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96M'); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
- php.ini – From there, you can Create or Edit your php.ini file with this:
; Increase maximum post size post_max_size = 64M ; Increase execution time max_execution_time = 300 memory_limit = 99M upload_max_filesize = 64M
- .htaccess – Or you can edit your .htaccess file with this:
php_value memory_limit 256M php_value upload_max_filesize 256M php_value post_max_size 256M php_value max_execution_time 300 php_value max_input_time 300